23 October 2011

Friday

Once again Rosa and I became culture vultures for the day last week
and visited the Victoria Miro gallery in East London. Doug Aitken was the main artist on show, with his film Black Mirror kind of stealing the spotlight. I was dubious if I'd like the film because of Chloe Sevigny's starring role - not really a fan of her. But it was good!
Stills from Black Mirror
The best bit about the film was probably the actual black mirrors that reflected the film over and over like a kaleidoscope.
These wall hangings were quite good too, but I kind of felt like I was in a super cool version of Habitat.
We found the canal afterwards, and accidentally walked to Angel
And then back again to East London, although we somehow got really, really lost. We had earned the bagels by the time we gobbled them.