30 October 2012

Tate Tanks

I went to the Tate Tanks on Saturday morning after being told by a trusted source that the current exhibition was worth checking out.
 
Unfortunately I didn't catch any of the live performances, although part of me was quite relieved as I was on my own and had heard horror stories of being pounced upon by performers.
 
 I only took a couple of photos, which is a really good sign - far too busy being distracted by what was going on around me. I particularly liked some of the film produced by Sung Hwan Kim. Watching and listening to all the films, taking part in projections and creeping in to dimly lit rooms made realise that I probably need to be more open to other mediums of art.

The tank's space is amazing and surprisingly atmospheric, especially considering how many people were there when I visited. Looking forward to seeing what the next installment at the Tate Tanks will be.