10 July 2012

Plastic Casings


I've written about plastic and perspex before, especially after purchasing a plastic handbag a few months ago. The trend goes far beyond accessories though, as a shoot in ES magazine, which is distributed throughout the length of London's tube trains, proved last week. I really loved this patent leather skirt by Holly Furton - it's since been ripped out and tacked to my desk's pin board.
 
I have to say though that given this was a shoot about sexy poolside outfits etc, the thought of wearing patent leather/plastic/perspex in the baking heat does not particularly appeal.
Imagine if some condensation suddenly appeared?! How horrifying!!! Particular danger of that with this Paule Ka skirt above I feel. Still I love both skirts, especially Ka's plastic/crochet contrast, and at least this mild Summer weather just about renders them wearable... Small consolation. Are you brave enough to bare all in plastic this summer? You can see more pictures from ES's Suit Up shoot here.