9 March 2012

Gilbert and George

Last night I paid a visit to Rosa's current place of work to see the Gilbert and George Private View.
(As a security guard wouldn't leave my side until she had seen me delete a photo I took in the bookshop, I should probably admit that the above image is courtesy of White Cube...) It was a little down in the dumps for my liking, but maybe with a bit more effort I would feel differently. I loved that Gilbert and George were at the Bermondsey gallery, looking dapper in those infamous suits of theirs, like this
However, sadly a long day of work and the repetitive use of words like THIEF SCANDAL DEATH etc made me feel a bit like I just wanted to be this little guy
 
Gilbert and George's massive display of work in White Cube galleries across London and in Hong Kong probably deserve another trip and more enthusiasm on my part, at a time when I don't feel the urge to cower in the corner. I may have to repeat my visit. For more PV reportings from the same place along with loads of illegal photos I took (whoops), have a look at a post from last December.