20 June 2014

Top 5 for Summer

A job I saw advertised recently required applicants to write a list of 10 crucial style items for the summer ahead. These lists can often be a bit dull but (unsurprisingly) I found thinking about what my pieces would be pretty fun. It's not only my style but everything else that's done on a shoe string - it was nice to fantasise about a couple of dream items. I'm looking at you £200+ Marques Almeida jacket.

Here are a few of my essentials should anyone be interested:

1.       Adidas Gazelles, £65, Office
Hardly pushing the fashion boundaries, but I've barely taken mine off since buying them a few months ago. These are a classic 90s throw back to be worn with all manner of outfits. A friend of mine advised me to get these in black because you can always repaint dark suede once it starts to get ropey - top tip.

2.    Collarless denim jacket, Marques Almeida,  £275
It’s a luxury buy but one that you will wear and wear. This is an update on a classic piece - I love the frayed edges of this little jacket. Wear over a plain black dress with bronzed summer limbs.

3.       Notebook, Muji, 60p
Don’t lose track of a single thought - Muji offers the best array of stationary around and at only 60p you can keep one in every bag. 

4.       V-Neck Front and Back Dress, & OtherStories, £55
A good neckline can be both chic and sexy - it's what makes this black dress a winner. I love the slits up the midi length skirt too, avoiding any granny vibes.

 5.       Fiesta – The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway, Waterstones, £5.99
No summer is complete without reading this tale of long hot days and nights, unrequited love and handsome bullfighters. A classic read to inspire thoughts of travel.